Vertebral Subluxation Treatment in South Austin
Joint subluxation is an extremely painful condition that affects the alignment of the spinal cord. Commonly caused due to trauma or emotional stress, the condition results in extreme pain and restricted movement of the affected structures.
At HealthFirst Spine & Wellness, we provide specialized chiropractic care for subluxation to all individuals who may be experiencing joint instability due to this condition. Our chiropractors hold great expertise and experience in the diagnosis and treatment of subluxation and developing an individualized treatment plan to help the paint regain their strength and mobility.
What Causes Joint Subluxation?
Joint subluxation may be caused due to the following three reasons:
- Emotional Stress — Emotional stress due to any reason may result in excessive muscle strain and spasms and affect the normal alignment of the spinal cord.
- Physical Stress — Accidents, sports injuries, poor posture, and repetitive stress injuries, all can interfere with the spinal alignment and result in vertebral subluxation. In addition to this, diseases like multiple sclerosis and polio can also damage nerves.
- Chemical Stress — Prolonged exposure to certain chemicals or regular use of some medicines may cause subluxation as well.
Regardless of the underlying cause, vertebral subluxation results in the following symptoms:
Chiropractic Care for Subluxation
At HealthFirst Spine & Wellness, we have a team of experienced chiropractors who are expert at diagnosing and treating vertebral subluxation and other spinal misalignments. Our experts treat subluxation using a combination of the following techniques:
- Chiropractic Adjustments — Chiropractic adjustments are a painless and effective way of correcting spinal misalignments and restoring the normal functionality of the spinal cord.
- Rehabilitative Exercises — Once our chiropractors have corrected the misalignment, they will suggest you strengthening exercises to improve the strength and mobility of the affected structures. In addition to this, they will also suggest ways to correct postural imbalances in order to help you avoid any injuries in the future.
If you think you or a loved one has vertebral subluxation, you should consider discussing the problem with a chiropractor. Call us today to schedule a chiropractic consultation or to learn more about chiropractic care for subluxation.