Sports Injury Treatment in South Austin
From muscle strain and joint dislocation to chronic pain and inflammation resulting from a repetitive stress injury, there are a number of musculoskeletal conditions that may affect the athletic performance of a sportsperson and leave them struggling with pain. Without proper treatment, these sports injuries may leave an athlete on the sidelines.
To help you avoid the worst-case scenario, we provide expert chiropractic care for sports injury at HealthFirst Spine & Wellness. Our chiropractors devise an individualized treatment plan for each patient to:
- Restore proper function of the affected joint and muscles
- Enhance healing of the affected tissue
- Reduce pain and inflammation
Sports Injuries We Treat at HealthFirst
At HealthFirst Spine & Wellness, we have a team of chiropractors who are expert at the diagnosis, management, and prevention of the following sports injuries:
- Muscle sprain and spasm
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Stress fractures
- Tennis elbow
- Runner’s knee
- Chronic aches
- Joint pain and inflammation
- Hamstring injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Joint dislocation
- Plantar fasciitis
Austin Chiropractic Care for Sports Injury
At HealthFirst Spine & Wellness, we adopt a unique approach towards the management of sports injuries. Our aim is to provide optimum pain relief to the patient, as well as to help them get back to their athletic routine as quickly as possible. In addition to this, we also devise an injury-prevention plan and facilitate rehabilitation and recovery by suggesting strengthening exercises to the athlete.
Some of the techniques that we use to restore movement and strength after an injury include:
- Cold Laser Therapy — Cold Laser Therapy is a safe and non-invasive technique to treat soft tissue injuries, such as strains, sprains, and muscular pain.
- Chiropractic Adjustments — Chiropractic adjustments are done to correct the alignment of the spine and relieve tension. This consequently improves the joint function, helping an athlete perform better in the field.
- Massage — Massage therapy not only relaxes and loosens muscles, it also relieves pain and inflammation, making an athlete feel comforted.
- Myofascial Release — This technique offers a number of benefits, such as:
- Improved alignment and posture
- Reduced pain and inflammation
- Improved joint mobility
While minor sports-related injuries can be managed at home, there are others that require specialized care and treatment. Therefore, if you’re experiencing chronic neck or back pain or are unable to deliver an excellent athletic performance due to restricted movement of a certain part of the body, you should consider visiting a chiropractor.
To schedule a chiropractic consultation in South Austin or to learn more about chiropractic care for sports injury, please contact us today.